Thursday, May 31, 2012

"making the magical world real and the real world magical"

These past two days have been AMAZING! I am living the good life here. I feel soooo lucky to be doing all the cool things i'm doing here! London is the coolest place ever

Okay so yesterday was EPIC. Some of us big Harry Potter fans went to the Warner Brothers Studio and took a tour! The Warner Brothers Studio as in, where the Harry Potter movies were filmed and created! This is where the best series in the world came to life!!! This experience was very very very overwhelming! Overwhelming in a good way, i mean. in a GREAT way, actually! All you non Harry Potter fans out there, go ahead and roll your eyes or laugh, but seriously this was UNREAL! Actually no, it was real! And that is why it was so COOL! We saw the actual sets they used in the movies for the burrow, hagrids hut, gryfindor common room, the classrooms, diagon alley, privet drive, hogwarts bridge and more! Oh my. My jaw was dropped the entire time we were there. We saw all the props too! To name a few, all of the horcruxes, costumes, wands, wigs, masks, and more. We saw the actual night bus and the Weasleys car! These are the ACTUAL sets and props used in the movie. I died. Okay and it seriously is amazing how much detail goes into these movies! It was insane! It was so cool how incredibly detailed every set, prop, costume, everything was. It made me love the movies even more! (if that is even possible!) AND the coolest part was seeing the model of the Hogwarts Castle! Did you know that anytime they do an over the top view or scoping view of the castle that its really just a model?? What the! Thats nuts. This tour was overwhelmingly awesome. I wished my Harry Potter fan family was with me the whole time! 

Today we spent the day exploring! We went to Covent Garden which is a really famous street/area in London! It was really fun and we happened to hit it on a day when the market was open! You KNOW how much i love markets! This was a really fun area. The other day my mom asked me what my favorite part about London is. (Silly Mom, that's an impossible question!) I obviously couldn't name a very favorite because like i said, is impossible, but one that definitely came to mind is London's markets. The atmosphere is SO much fun. I love love love it. 

Today we also went to Hatchards! Hatchards is the oldest bookstore in London! It first opened in 1797! Whoa baby! This is also another really neat thing about London is its bookstores. I could spend hours on end there! We found some really cool books there and even bought myself a darling copy of  "Emma" by Jane Austen. Told you she'd be on my summer reading list! 

So tonight, i had an absolute BLAST. Know why? Because i saw "Singin in the rain!" Oh my word. I didn't know it was possible to have so much fun just sitting for two hours! This musical was just down right delightful. I had an enormous grin on my face the entire show! The whole time i was watching i just wanted to get up and dance! And the scenes in the rain were so awesome! This musical just made me so completely happy. I am still grinning. I just can't stop. Singin in the rain was FABULOUS! 

Warner Bros Studios: "making the magical world real and the real world magical" 
the warner brothers may be the coolest brothers i know!
other than my own of course.

The Knight Bus!!! 
Destination: ANYWHERE! (except underwater!) 
its gonna be a bumpy ride!

#4 Privet Drive. 
Uncle Vernon wasn't home, sadly. 


The Weasley's enchanted car! 
This is the REAL thing guys. 
!!! 

Just drinkin some delicious Butter Beer! 

Olivander's Wand Shop! 

Fred and Georges joke shop! 
HA HA HA 

The lovely Covent Garden. 
London is THE BEST! 

The happiest musical ever! 
I can't wait for the next time it rains. 
I will definitely be singing in it. 


We have two more completely open days coming up! 
I can't wait to see what they hold. 
I am on cloud 9 here in London! 
Miss you all! 

2 comments:

  1. Wwwhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt???????!!!!!!! Man I'm so jealous of you guys! That would totally change how I saw the Harry Potter movies. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you only could of heard the noises i was making as i looked at each picture. You prob would have thought someone was dying. SOOOOOOOOO jealous

    ReplyDelete