Thursday, May 17, 2012

Definitely puzzle worthy!


Guess what. I’ve got loooooots of pictures this time! I told you I’d have more! And they are splendid.

Yesterday may or may not have been my favorite day so far….

We woke up reeeeal early and hopped on a coach! Coach days are the best. We headed first to Chawton. Chawton, is a very neat place. Not only is it a little quaint town in the country side, it is where the one and only, Jane Austen, lived! Did I get to walk through Jane Austens house? You bet I did! Did I see a lock of her hair? Yup. And did I see the very spot where she finished her brilliant novels? Ohhh yeah. It was sweeeeeeet. Especially after just finishing one her books, it was so cool to see exactly where she wrote it! It gave me a whole new perspective, and I feel like I have this cool connection with Jane Austen now. Ha! My book list for the beach this summer now includes two Jane Austen novels.

After Chawton we went to Stourhead. Guys. Stourhead was UNBELEIVABLE! There is no way in the world I can describe this place to you. And there is no picture in the world that will do it justice. But I will do my best! K so a little history about Stourhead: Its all man made! This guy named Henry Hoare II created it. He was really really really really rich, and wanted a way to show off how much money he had. Sooo, he created the most beautiful place ever! He found a river, built a damn and turned it into a lake, added a bunch of pretty gazebo/building things, and somehow made the trees/flowers/everything more vibrant than you can imagine. Although his motives were not great, what a cool way to spend your money! If I ever get rich, imma build my very own stourhead! I fell in love with this place. I absolutely did not want to leave. AND, I had a moment. Ya know, those moments, where the only way you can think of to describe the way you feel, is that you’re having a moment? Well, I totally had one in Stourhead. It was AWESOME. Oh, almost forgot! Another cool thing about stourhead, is that a few scenes from “Pride and Prejudice” were filmed there! I felt Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy’s vibes the whole time I was there. Ha!

After Stourhead, it was Bath time! Bath, was not what I expected at all! I mean, I knew it was cool because of the roman baths there, but I thought that was the only cool part about it! I was wrong. When we drove in on our coach, it was another one of those times where all I could do was sit there, staring, with my jaw completely dropped, saying “WHOA” over and over. (I’m realizing now that I should just get used to these moments, because they happen very often.) Bath was so neat! For just a little bit I felt like I was not in England. It looks very different from anywhere else I have seen here! It reminded me of Italy. Even though I’ve never been to Italy. For some reason, I just felt like I was in Italy! So anyways, in Bath we got to tour the Roman Baths! They were crazy cool! It is incomprehensible to think that that same water, is the water the Romans bathed in, centuries of years ago! WHAT! Is that crazy or is that crazy? That's crazy. When you look at the water, you can really tell, its naaaaasty. So naturally, I had to drink some! Haha don’t worry, the water I drank had been filtered, but it was still warm, and still tasted like a rotten egg. I can’t believe I drank water from a Roman Bath! Add that to your bucket list, everyone! 




At Jane Austens house! 


Just hangin out in Jane Austens backyard. 
I tried to think up a poem or something... it failed



Stourhead is GORGEOUS. 
This is the bridge where Mr. Darcy confesses his love for Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice!
I think this photo is puzzle worthy, don't you? 



A stunning view behind us that you can't really see! 
But i promise, it really was stunning. 


I wanted to steal one of these flowers sooooo bad. Or all of them


The lake behind us! 
A crazy old man took this picture, by the way. 


This doesn't even come close to how beautiful it was! 
And we were so lucky to be there on a sunny day



Recognize this? 
Another Pride and Prejudice scene filmed here! 
If you don't know what i am talking about,
go watch!  


Meet my cute little friends Rachel and Ellie!
They are my professors daughters.
And they are positively adorable


at the Roman Baths! 
SO cool! 

I almost jumped in to go for a swim! 
NOT! 


Drinking the delicious bath water. 
And when i say delicious i mean repulsive


I miss you all and wish you could experience everything with me! 
I do my very best to give you all the juicy details. 
More to come! 
xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Another great entry. I am so happy that you are loving England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cool. I am honestly going to watch pride and prejudice right now. I cannot describe my jealousy to you that you got to be there. That scene is one of my favorites... and pride and prejudice is my favorite movie for sure. I just want to be there with you! Eat lots for me too (since you won't actually gain anything)! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. EW. that water is Naaaaaasty. and can i build a stourhead with you?? my favorite place as well :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete