Friday, May 4, 2012

Do you hear the people sing?

I wish i had time to blog every day because so much happens that i don't want to leave anything out! But i'll do my best to not forget anything. 

We got to go to Westminster Abbey! But before i tell you about it, Let me tell you about getting there. So we took the tube, and when i came up the stairs from the tube station, all the sudden BAM! There was Big Ben! And whoa baby was it BIG. I never understood why it was called that but i sure do now! Big Ben exceeded all of my expectations. It was soooo cool! I can't wait to go tour parliament and see it again! So we walked down the street a ways and went to Westminster Abbey! It was AWESOME. Once again we had a sweet tour and i learned so much about it. The thing that blows my mind was that i got to stand in the exact spot where the kings and queens of England were crowned. I STOOD where Queen Victoria was crowned Queen!!! It's hard to believe but it's so neat to think about everything that has happened in that very church. Liiiiiiike Prince William and Kate's wedding for instance? I may or may not have walked down the isle imagining a handsome prince next to me..... I mean come on my name's Kate too! 

So we also went to the British Museum! This museum is incredible. Our professors took us through and showed us certain rooms they wanted us to see, and then they turned us loose. Madeleine and I plowed through the whole thing! However this museum is so huge you could seriously spend all day in there! But we got a little taste of everything and it was so neat. And luckily i had Madeleine with me explaining to me what everything is! She is a smart cookie, that girl! If you ever go to the British Museum i highly recommend taking her with you. 

So do you want to know how lucky i am? I got to see TWO more shows!!! Have you ever heard of Matilda? Who new it was a broadway show? Well i sure didn't. But i am SO glad i know now! Matilda the Musical exceeded ALL my expectations. I LOVED IT! It was creative, and funny, and adorable, and innovative, and clever, and just plain FUN. And can i just say how jealous i am of all those little kids? They are crazy good singers and dancers. 

Now you're reeeeeeeally gonna be jealous when you hear what else i saw. I saw Les Miserables!!!! Oh. My. Goodness. No words can describe that show. It was PHENOMENAL to say the least. It makes me cry everytime. The cast was amazing and so was the rotating stage! Les Mis is seriously a life changing experience! There is nothing else like it and i am SO happy i got to see it here in LONDON. 




BIG Ben. SO big.


The Beautiful Westminster Abbey! 

My cute cousin! See that door behind her?
 That's where Will and Kate entered for their WEDDING!


Madeleine and I soaking it all in. 


The British Museum

The REAL Rosetta Stone! So cool.




My favorite EVER.


Some friends and I at Matilda! Check out that set! 



TTFN! 


No comments:

Post a Comment