Tuesday, May 8, 2012

All aboard the Hogwarts Express!

Hey All!



Yesterday after three hours of class (yikes!) the rest of the day was ours! And boy did we make the most of it! A few other girls and I went out and did some major exploring. First stop: The British Library! This is not your ordinary library. I mean I do have a special place in my heart for the good old Harold B. Lee, but this Library seriously tops all! It is huge and full of treasures. They have exhibits there full of stuff. We got to see the original manuscripts of Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, the original scores of Handle’s “Messiah,” Beethoven’s violin concerto, scratch copies of “the Beatles” lyrics, the Magna Carta, and even the bible! It was sooooooooo awesome. Coolest ever. I seriously could have spent all day in this Library!


After the Library we went to St. Pancras station and King’s Cross station! St. Pancras was awesome because of how incredibly stunning it is! We came up on it from around the corner and all I could do was stop and say “WHOA.” Madeleine about fell over! King’s Cross was fantastic because well, Harry himself was once there! We even went to platform 9 and ¾!!! Sadly, we missed the Hogwarts express.

Next stop: Buckingham Palace!!! I have been so excited to see this place since the moment I decided to come to London. It was so COOL! It is so big and beautiful and I just wished soooo bad I could have gone inside and just chilled with the Queen. Can you imagine living in a place like that? It’s HUGE! I guess I’ll just always wonder what it looks like on the inside…. We stayed at the palace sitting by the fountain for quite some time because we all just couldn’t stop staring at it! It was perfect. Oh and the guards were too far away, so they couldn’t hear any of my jokes L Maybe I should bring a mega phone next time?

So right next to Buckingham Palace is this gooooooorgeous park called St. James Park. Why is everything so beautiful here? I love it. I haven’t seen so much green in so long! We all decided that on a sunny day we will go back there and spend more time. Hey, maybe we’ll even see the Queen taking her dog for a walk! (I’m assuming she has a dog because she’s cool like that.) So after our stroll in the park, we wandered around London for a little bit longer, got dessert and then headed home! It was nearly a perfect day!

Today was amazing as well! Another three hours of class, three loooooong hours. But don’t you worry, I am a professional doodler. No falling asleep in class for this girl! After class we decided to do a little shopping. And boy did we shop. We shopped till we dropped! Or should I say I shopped till I dropped. Somehow, within ten minutes of being in the store, I lost my friends! I searched high and low and could not find them anywhere. I am starting to really appreciate cell phones. I had no way of communicating with them, so I was on my own! Hahah but I kind of loved it. I felt extremely grown up and independent going home on the tube all by myself J

Tonight we went and saw “Phantom of the Opera!” I have very mixed feelings about it, but over all it was fantastic! I wish I had seen the movie or learned the plot before, because I was pretty confused during it! But oh man, when Christine sang “wishing you were somehow here again” I about died. She blew me away! Now, I cannot get those beautiful songs out of my head and I couldn’t be happier about it!





In front of the British Library! This is a statue of Newton! 


A HUGE bookshelf in the Library! 
It reminded me of the one in Beaty and the Beast. 
Belle would love this place!


All aboard the Hogwarts Express! IF ONLY! 


Check THAT out! 
Have you ever seen such a beautiful train station??


Buckingham Palace! 
Which room do you think is the Queens??


Us in front of the gates to the Palace. 


At the lovely St. James Park! So pretty!


We love shopping!


first time seein this baby!

every time i see a flag, i get so giddy 
because i remember that i'm actually here!!
I love London.


So do you want to here something spectacular?  
Tomorrow, I'm going to PARIS! 
City of Love, here i come!!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. sorry you missed the train :( buuuuut i'm sure glad you discovered primark!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo. have fun in paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primark! So glad you found it! :) Love you and reading your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete