Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Today, all my troubles seemed so far away...

Jubilation. That is what i feel here in London! I am sad the Jubilee is over! But it is also kind of a relief. It was CRAZY here. You couldn't do anything or get anywhere because everything was closed and blocked off and just crazy. All for good causes though! Everything in London is totally decked out for the Jubilee. There are flags everywhere. And people are just completely covered in Union Jack clothes from head to toe. Its SWEET. Like i said earlier, it just makes me feel so British, being here for all this! So for the  Royal Procession, rather than risking your life (but not really) and going to the actual thing, we got creative. We had what my professors called "Ye Jubilee Tea." We had a Tea Party! And when i say tea, i mean juice. And we had scones too! And when i say scones, i mean biscuits. The party was a gooooooood time! We decorated with Union Jack flags and watched the Procession on TV while enjoying our tea and scones. Ye Jubilee Tea was a huge success. And it sure is fun seeing that darling Queen! When she came out on the balcony of Buckingham, i secretly hoped she'd bring her dog out with her to wave hello. A girl can dream right?  

So one of my very best friends in the world, Ashley, happened to be in London this week! And lucky me, i got to meet up with her here! I showed her my favorite Gelato place here. Gelato Mio! I loved seeing Ash here and talking with her! It was so neat to be able to tell her fun things to do here, yummy food to eat, places to shop, how to get places, just how to do London. It made me realize how comfortable I feel here. I LOVE it. Something they always say here is "when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." Aint that the truth! I think if i really lived here, like for more than just two months, life would be a constant THRILL. Because that's just what London does to me. It THRILLS me. 

So today, "all my troubles seemed so far away".....because i went to ABBEY ROAD! You know, that famous road, that is basically just the Beatles stomping grounds? Yeah, i went there! And it was COOL! Mostly just because the Beatles are cool. We tried to copy their famous photo walking across the street... emphasis on the word "tried". Although our photo isn't quite like theirs, at least its proof i walked there right? I was singing Beatles all day today. We got to sign the wall that everyone signs! I tried to find where my sister signed but failed. There are so many dang signatures on that wall! It is so cool to see how many people come to see Abbey Road just because of what huge Beatles fans they are. Myself included! 

Tonight after hours of doing dishes and mopping floors (i'm on dish crew this week, bleh), it was time for a TREAT. I am finding this to be somewhat of a routine. Every night, without fail, about 15 minutes after dinner, i just get huuuuungry for something sweet. Maybe its just because i know i am in such close proximity to so many yummy treats? Probably. But its becoming quite the problem. But a very very very delicious problem. So tonight for our treat, we went to a place called "Ciao!" And they have a wonderfully scrumptious creation there called Ice Cream Spaghetti! It was FANTASTIC. I can't even explain it to you, you just gotta see the picture!! 



Even the Tube is Jubilified! 
Jubilified, is a word i just made up. 
Like it? 

Look! Its Ye Jubilee Tea

When the queen started waving
 well i just couldn't help but wave back


Meeting up with cute Ash
Loved seeing this girl! 

Beatles stomping grounds! 

Our attempt! 

Proof! I walked across Abbey Road! 


SEE??? 
Ice Cream Spaghetti. 
It was very exciting and yummy. 

On our way home we walked through Trafalgar Square! 
And happened to climb this big guy

Standing in Trafalgar Square
with Big Ben behind me.
This is my "I love this place so much and am not ready to leave it" smile. 


To be tired of London is to be Tired of Life! 
I will never ever ever ever ever be tired of London. 
I want every one to experience this amazing place!

1 comment: