Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's been real!

I am leaving to go to the airport in 3 hours. I can't believe it! I am very overwhelmed with how many different emotions I am feeling right now. One emotion I for sure am feeling is HAPPY. Because i have had an amazing last three days in London! 

Sunday was one of my favorite days here. Not because of London, but because of the people I am here with. People are the BEST! Church was awesome, I have really come to love my ward, especially my cute primary kids. It was harder than I thought saying bye to those little guys! Sunday night, we had a talent show with the whole group! It was an absolute BLAST. As I was watching, I just looked around the room at all my new friends, and I just thought Whoa Baby. These people are so COOL! I love everyone here, and we have had a blast together. Everyone here is so talented, as well! And funny. By the end, my cheeks were numb from smiling so big and my abs were sore from laughing so much. I am seriously going to miss this group! 

So, another emotion I have been feeling the last few days is STRESS. We had our finals and ohhhh my land. They were SO rough. We learned SO much information in such a short time, that it was just overwhelming trying to remember it all for the tests! But I studied as much as I could and am just sure glad they are over! So that's what Monday was full of. 

Today, was an absolutely PERFECT last day in London. I could not have asked for better! After finishing our final this morning, we pretty much ran out of the London Centre so we could spend as much time as possible outside for our last day. So, we rented some bikes and cruised hyde park! It was just lovely! Hyde Park is so gorgeous! I am going to miss that big green beauty a whole bunch. We had fun reminiscing our good times here and just taking in a typical foggy london afternoon for the last time. 

Tonight we had a delicious dinner! We went to a place called "My Old Dutch Pancake House." It was amaaaaaazing! BIG and YUMMY are the best descriptive words for it. Just check out the picture of it, and you'll see what i'm talking about! So, as our big last shabang we decided to hit the city. But here's the catch. We didn't just hit the city, we hit the city In the DARK. What is it about night time that just makes everything a billion times more awesome? Well I sure don't know but, London is definitely included in that! London at night is INCREDIBLE!! I about died tonight. It is truly exhilerating! I am in love with Big Ben at night. And St. Pauls. And the river Thames with the lights reflecting on it. And LONDON


Me and Amanda with the darling primary kids! 
These kids are going to grow up to be so amazing. 
i just know it! 

BIKES in hyde park! 
Absolutely perfect in every way

Hyde Park is so GREEN
I will miss it sooooo much! 

Palace Court. Our street. 
Home away from home. 

At "My Old Dutch!" 
Taaaaaasty goodness

Millenium Bridge and St. Pauls! 
at night. 
Is that not AMAZING?! 

LOOK AT THAT
Oh my. 
I don't think I can leave this place! 

 Oh Big Ben, i LOVE you.


I dare you to find me in this one. 
I love this group sooooo much! 
we have a good time, if you can't tell! 
I am so grateful to have gotten to know these fantastic people.  



Now everyone, it is time for me to get sappy up in here. I just have to! There is no other way to sum up this blog. So. It absolutely NUTS that I have come to my very last post! I mean, in some ways it seems like i've been here forever, in others it has flown by. I look back at everything i've done, and I am overwhelmed with how much i've learned, how happy I have been, how much fun I have had, how many unique and incredible things i got to see and experience, how many great people i've gotten to know, and how much i have come to LOVE LONDON. I will never forget this experience, and I know that there is nothing else like it! I am incredibly grateful for every moment I have had here and will cherish these memories forever
Goodbye London!  
It's been real! 




3 comments:

  1. So happy you have had a great experience...loved reading your blog and I will miss it, but sooooo happy you will be home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sister, i'm emotional. I'm sorry you have to say goodbye to, lets be honest, the most amazing place on the planet!!! I LOVED reading your blog and following all of your adventures. BUT i'm excited to talk and compare adventures in person! See you in a few...hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I loved this post. Since you love it so much we should take a sisters trip and all go back (someday...not in the near future). Then Britt can feel the London love like we all have, right Brianna? :) Kate you are so cute! Now that you are home it mean beach prep!

    ReplyDelete